Head of Software Engineering
Head of Software Engineering / Scaling ecommerce platform / Team Size 15>
One of our clients, a scaling ecommerce platform with an on demand delivery service are in the marketing hire a Head of Software Engineering. As the Head of Software Engineering, you will report into the Engineering Director and be responsible for 3 Engineering Managers with around 30/35 engineers.
The interesting thing here is that they are looking for you as their Head of Software Engineering to take them on a journey. This company is around 400 people and looking to double that in the coming years and they need someone who has been on that journey and succeeded in coming out the other side to help do this, taking a Software Engineering team of 45 through to over 100.
You will need to have worked in a scaling company as a Head of Engineering, Engineering Director or high level Senior Engineering Manager and you will also have worked in a heavily agile and test driven environment. They also plan to use Data heavily to improve their Engineering processes so you will also have to advocate this across your 3 software engineering teams.
So, if you're looking to join one of the most exciting ecommerce platforms in the UK market today, we need to see the following from you:
- Experience in a Head of Software Engineering, Engineering Director or Senior Engineering Manager role.
- Managed in excess of 15/20 software engineers. If you have led multiple teams even better.
- Come from a technical background whether it be Software or Product focused.
- Appreciate the importance of working in an agile environment and have a demonstrable background of putting in excellent engineering & cultural practices.
- Outstanding communication skills.
We are asking a lot for this Head of Software Engineering role and we're aware of that but the journey in front would be exceptionally exciting!
So if you are interested, don't hesitate and apply now!
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.