In this episode we have Mat Ilic, the Co-Founder and CEO at Greenworkx - a new climate EdTech startup tackling the green skills emergency, and are building the net-zero workforce. Their mission is simple, to get 10 million people into green jobs in 10 years, through building an app to be the talent portal for green jobs with green job discovery, opportunity-matching, and social community.
Did you know, that to deliver net-zero, over 30 million more green workers are needed globally by 2030? Greenworkx are actively working towards meeting that need, by harnessing manual trades and introducing green skills.
Matt draws from his government, policy and social impact expertise to walk us through how Greenworkx came to fruition.
In this episode…
- Intro to Mat's background; Having advised both ex-PM's Borris Johnson and Teresa May on all matters justice and home affairs, get insider insights into Matt's interesting background including advising parliament.
- Why Greenworkx is both a passion and business for Matt and fellow co-founders.
- Green infrastructure and workforce development.
- Product development and challenges around this.
- How the pandemic impacted the labour market.
- Leadership, and the personal development required to get you where you want to be.
Follow us on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thestartupdiariespodcast/