DevOps Engineer, Linux, Python, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Docker, AWS, Amazon Web Services
This logistically complex, technology-enabled business are currently recruiting for a DevOps Engineer to help ensure that all servers perform optimally and that development process i.e., continuous integration, staging, deployments, etc. run as smoothly as possible.
You will be joining one of Europe's most well-funded growth businesses, so there's plenty of opportunity for this DevOps Engineer to make an impact from day one. This game-changing business, specialise in the vacation accommodation swapping market and were very recently acquired by a US firm for just shy of 200 million pounds. They're based out of their UK headquarters in an attractive part of central London, close to the underground station servicing the circle line.
Typical responsibilities that the DevOps Engineer will be required to perform are:
- Helping to manage and support the current AWS server estate and related services.
- Maintaining and optimising Jenkins continuous integration servers and procedures.
- Looking after and optimising deployment scripts and processes
- Contributing to the custom-developed Gonzo toolkit for managing AWS instances and services
- Contributing to the management and maintenance of LANs and WANs
- Occasionally (during rare instances of high volume of support requests) assisting with end-user desktop and laptop support.
The DevOps Engineer will be required to possess the following skills and experience:
- Deep and demonstrable experience in systems administration, with the equivalent of around 5 year's experience looking after a multi-layered systems infrastructure in a modern open-source programming environment.
- Hands-on experience of setting up and managing AWS instances and services and their components
- Knowing your way around the Linux command shell and Linux distros (knowledge of Ubuntu an advantage).
- Python scripting experience is desired above the likes of Perl, Bash, Korn etc
- Experience in configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible would be advantageous
- Knowledge of building continuous deployment pipelines, with automated deployment processes.
This is a great opportunity for a passionate and technology led DevOps Engineer to join a like-minded, forward thinking company who're making a huge impact on the hospitality world.
DevOps Engineer, Linux, Python, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Docker, AWS, Amazon Web Services,
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.